Invited speakers/visitors are provided with one or more of the following types of financial support, with details provided in a formal letter of invitation issued by the Institute. Financial support is offered by invitation only, and is not provided for self-registered participants.
Per diem is calculated based on the period of the program/workshop that you will attend. The per diem is meant as a daily allowance to cover your local expenses (transport, meals and incidentals). Receipts are not required for reimbursement.
IMS will not engage third party to arrange accommodation. If you are approached by someone not from our institute (e.g. Business Travel Management) who offers to help with your housing arrangements, or asks you for credit card information, please ignore their requests.
Accommodation will be arranged by us during your visit for the program/workshop based on single occupancy. If you have any accompanying guests, please let us know in advance. We will inform you on the additional costs payable by you (i.e. additional breakfast and/or bed).
Should you prefer to make your own accommodation arrangements, we will not reimburse you the accommodation expenses.
Detailed information on the accommodation arrangements (i.e. address of your lodging, check-in/check-out information) would be provided nearer to your arrival. Please check with us if you have not received it one week prior to your arrival.
- Airfare support is provided for economy class travel via the most direct/connecting route from the country of your institution to Singapore.
- There is a funding cap on the reimbursement of airfare depending on the point of origin of your flight.
- Travel on premium economy class or equivalent, or business class, will require specific approval from the university. Please provide us details of your intended itinerary before you purchase the ticket.
- Reimbursement is made to the traveler even if the fare is paid by the traveler’s institution.
Documents to provide:
- Flight information (Flight number, date and time) Proof of payment (e.g. invoice/receipt of ticket, e-ticket confirmation stating the amount paid and flight information, copy of credit card). Hardcopy original receipt may be required.
- If you combine your travel to IMS with other flights, or upgrade to premium economy/business class ticket, please provide an estimate quotation (i.e. electronic printout through a travel web-site of what the return flight would have cost for a direct flight from country of claimant's home institution to Singapore. A quotation from a travel agency is also acceptable.
- Non-reimbursable expenses under airfare reimbursement: Personal travel insurance, baggage fees, seat upgrade or preferred seating, and train/coach/taxi fees.
Reimbursement for each visitor will be settled in one payment, and will be processed within six to eight weeks after your visit either by Telegraphic Transfer only. All visitors will have to bear any transaction charges or fees imposed by their bank and/or the intermediary bank.
Prior to your visit, our staff would contact you to complete the necessary forms required for reimbursement. Upon arrival at IMS, participants who receive funding from the Institute are requested to check in with our program administrators to follow up on the paperwork necessary for the funding support.
Please prepare sufficient cash in Singapore Dollars for your expenses during your stay in Singapore. You can get cash from an extensive network of ATMs that accepts cards from the Cirrus, Overseas' Plus, Visa, Visa Electron and MasterCard networks. Major credit (Visa, Master, AMEX) cards are widely accepted in Singapore.