- Tien Cuong Dinh (National University of Singapore)
- Xiaonan Ma (Université Paris Diderot - Paris 7)
- George Marinescu (University of Cologne)
- De-Qi Zhang (National University of Singapore)
This program concerns the recent developments in Complex Analysis and its Applications. Among a very large choice of topics, we will focus on those related to Pluripotential Theory.
The Pluripotential Theory, a branch of Complex Analysis, was founded in the ’50s by Lelong and Oka. It became a very important and powerful tool with connections with many mathematical theories: Complex Analysis, Complex Differential Geometry, Complex Algebraic Geometry, Dynamics, Foliations and also in Mathematical Physics. The aim of this program is to bring together experts who are working in these topics with interest in pluripotential theory. It will give them an opportunity to learn the recent results and to share their new ideas.
Beside informal discussions and seminars, we will organize a week of mini courses (accessible to PhD students, young researchers and non-experts) and also a one week conference. We would like to emphasize the following research directions:
- Complex dynamics in higher dimension;
- Pluripotential techniques in the theory of holomorphic foliations;
- Bergman kernels and its applications;
- Problems from complex geometry, complex analysis (e.g. Kobayashi hyperbolicity, Nevanlinna theory, manifolds with special Kaehler metrics) and other problems from mathematical physics.
For full details of the program, please click here.
- Informal Discussions and Seminars: 2–5 May 2017
- Mini-workshop on Complex Analysis and Geometry： 3–4 May 2017
- Mini Courses: 8–12 May 2017
- Conference: 15–19 May 2017
- IMS Distinguished Visitor Lecture Series
- Bo Berndtsson, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Yum-Tong Siu, Harvard University, USA
- Public Lecture: 11 May 2017, 2:00pm–3:00pm
Butterflies, Cats, and Billiards in Polygons
Anton Zorich, Université Paris Diderot – Paris 7, France
Venue: NUS University Hall, Auditorium, Lee Kong Chian Wing, Level 2, 21 Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore 119077
- An Afternoon of Activities, 17 May 2017
Jointly organized with Department of Mathematics, NUS
- Colloquium Lecture by Duong Hong Phong, Columbia University, USA
- Young Mathematician Lecture by Chin-Yu Hsiao, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
- Informal Discussions and Seminars: 22–26 May 2017
Please note that our office will be closed on the following public holiday.
– 1 May 2017, Labour Day
– 10 May 2017, Vesak Day
- IMS Auditorium
- Block S17, #04-06, Seminar Room 1, Department of Mathematics, NUS, 10 Lower Kent Ridge Road Singapore 119076 (17 May 2017, afternoon & 24 May 2017)